The family of a little child named Bailey Cooper received the worst news a parent could ever receive. The sickness afflicted their son. The handsome child was diagnosed with stage 3 non-Hodgkin lymphoma in 2016.

All of a sudden, treatments and doctor’s appointments had become his entire life.

For a little while, everyone got what they wanted since they all sought the best outcome. There was a brief time when the cancer was in remission.

Everything seemed to be back to normal when Bailey started attending school and the family heard that cancer had returned. Sadly, that necessitated further hospital visits and chemotherapy sessions. Bailey started to feel better again, and it seemed like the therapies were working.

Sadly, in August, the heartbreaking news that cancer had come back yet again and that the prognosis was terrible, arrived.

“The news was conveyed to us by the specialist,” according to Lee Bailey. “ It was stronger and in the later phases of Stage 4.”

The cancer had rapidly gotten worse. In Bailey’s stomach, liver, lungs, and chest, doctors found malignancies. He had only a few days or possibly a few weeks to live.

When Bailey received the tragic news, he was upset but also determined to survive long enough to see his upcoming baby sister.

Amazingly, the small child demonstrated his fighting skills. In November, he at last had the opportunity to hold his newborn sister. Even the name Millie was his choice, which his parents approved of.

He changed her, washed her, and sang to her, according to Bailey’s mother, Rachel, “just as an older brother would.”

After Millie was born, Bailey’s health deteriorated.

In the hopes of being able to celebrate Christmas together, Bailey’s parents encouraged him to make a list of the gifts he wanted. When Bailey asked for gifts for Riley, his younger brother, who he knew would enjoy them, it was clear that he was acting with the same selflessness that he had shown during his battle.

Just before Christmas, the extended family paid a visit to the home to say their final goodbyes. As Bailey’s grandmother grieved and said she hoped she could take his place, the young child corrected her:

“That is extremely selfish, Nan,” he replied to her. ” You must look after your grandchildren.”

Bailey had treatment for five torturous days when his disease metastasized to his brain.

At that point, he told his family that it was time for him to go.

“I want to stay, but it’s my time to go, to become her guardian angel,” Bailey said of his younger sister.

On December 22, Bailey’s fragile body succumbed to the sickness, and he lost consciousness. His loved ones were at his side as he slowly passed away.

“We waited there hour after hour, watching him pass away,” Rachel recalled. ” We told him stories and entertained him with his favorite music.”

“We arrived to his bedside on Christmas Eve around 11:45 a.m. We were conscious of the limited time. Bailey, it’s time to leave, we said to him. ”

Bailey immediately started crying. He quietly died after drawing his final breath.

Although the loss of their kid was tragic and broke everyone’s hearts, the family understood that Bailey had found peace.

Now they try to follow their young son’s instructions, who showed insight far beyond his years.

He gave us a warning during our last family get-together: “You’re only allowed to cry for 20 minutes,” said Rachel. “You must take care of Riley and Millie.”

Despite the devastating and tragic nature of this boy’s story, people all across the world continue to be moved by his strength, optimism, and perseverance in the face of suffering and misfortune. Even as they grieve without him, his family knows that his light and legacy will go on.

Did Bailey’s bravery, hope, and wisdom move you?