Famed singer Sinèad O’Connor is giving an update on her teen son, who went missing in Ireland. According to O’Connor, her son was under suicide watch and escaped.

The 17-year-old was later discovered dead. According to The Guardian, Nev’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor had been missing for two days before he was found.

In a tweet posted during the early hours of Saturday morning, Sinèad O’Connor wrote, “My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God. May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Please be at peace.”

The singer’s statement seemingly confirmed Nevi’im took his own life. Since his disappearance, O’Connor used social mediate issue multiple pleas, asking for her son to contact her.

As The Guardian reported, some of Sinèad’s tweets read, “Shane, your life is precious. God didn’t chisel that beautiful smile on your beautiful face for nothing.”

“Shane, your life is precious. God didn’t chisel that beautiful smile on your beautiful face for nothing.  My world would collapse without you. You are my heart. Please don’t stop it from beating. Please don’t harm yourself. Go to the Gardai and let’s get you to hospital,” she also wrote.

“This is a message for my son, Shane. Shane, it’s not funny anymore all this going missing,” the mom added. “You are scaring the crap out of me. Could you please do the right thing and present yourself at a Gardai station. If you are with Shane please call the Gardai for his safety.”

The local police confirmed the 17-year-old’s passing. On January 6, a very upset Sinèad took to Twitter to question how “a seventeen-year-old traumatized young person WHO WAS ON SUICIDE WATCH in Tallaght Hosptial’s Lynn Ward been able to go missing???”

Sinèad O’Connor further claimed that the hospital where her son was saying has yet to accept any responsibility. “I want to know why Lynn Ward at Taillight hospital who were supposed to have HCA’s supervise my child 24/7 have managed to let him out of their grasp this morning when 7 days ago he made two severe suicide attempts,” O’Connor wrote.

It’s unclear how long her son was a patient at Taillight hospital. Our thoughts and prayers are with Sinèad O’Connor and her family during this particularly tragic time.

If you or someone you know is dealing with depression and thoughts of suicide, please call the Suicide Prevention Hotline at 800-273-8255.