A humorous joke is going viral this week, and it’s sure to bring a smile to your face! A newlywed farmer and his wife were visited by her mother, who demanded an inspection of their home. The farmer desperately wanted to win over his mother-in-law, so he was determined that the visit would be a friendly one.
Sadly, the visit went poorly from the start, as the mother-in-law nagged him, demanded he make changes, and offered unwanted advice. Then, as they were walking through the barn for the forced inspection, the farmer’s mule suddenly reared up and kicked the mother-in-law in the head, killing her instantly. Though the farmer was not fond of his mother-in-law, this was still a huge shock for him to witness.
During the funeral a few days later, the farmer stood near the casket and greeted mourners as they walked by. The pastor saw that whenever a woman would whisper something to the farmer, he would nod his head yes and say something. However, whenever a man would walk by and whisper something, the farmer would shake his head no, and mumble a reply. Curious about what was going on, the preacher later asked the farmer about this.
“The women would say, ‘What a terrible tragedy’ and I would nod my head and say, ‘Yes, it was.’ The men would then ask, ‘Can I borrow that mule?’ and I would shake my head and say, ‘Can’t. It’s all booked up for a year,’” the farmer replied.
Here are 10 light-hearted jokes about mothers-in-law:
- Why did the mother-in-law bring a ladder to the family picnic? She heard the food was on the top shelf of the fridge!
- How do you make your mother-in-law smile? Call her and tell her you’re not coming over today!
- What do you call a mother-in-law with a sense of humor? A rare gem!
- Why did the mother-in-law bring a broom to the wedding? Because she heard it was a sweeping occasion!
- How many mothers-in-law does it take to change a lightbulb? None, they just tell you it needs changing!
- What’s the difference between a vulture and a mother-in-law? Vultures wait until you’re dead to tear you apart!
- Why did the mother-in-law go to the beach with her daughter-in-law? To finally let bygones be bygones and let the sea take care of the rest!
- What’s a mother-in-law’s favorite wine? “I don’t want to impose, but if you have anything…”
- How does a mother-in-law end most of her sentences? With “But that’s just my opinion.”
- Why did the mother-in-law bring a GPS to the family reunion? So she could find her way into every conversation!