An elderly woman lived on a small farm in Canada, just yards away from the North Dakota border. Their land had been the subject of a minor dispute between the United States and Canada for years.
The now widowed woman lived on the farm with her son and three grandchildren. One day her son came into her room holding a letter. “I just got some news, Mom,” he said. “The government has come to an agreement with the people in North Dakota.
They’ve decided that our land is really part of the United States. We have the right to approve or disapprove of the agreement. What do you think?” “What do I think?” his mother said.
“Sign it! Call them right now and tell them we accept! I don’t think I could stand another one of those Canadian winters!”
Here are 10 more funny one liners for you:
- Why did the scarecrow win an award? Because he was outstanding in his field!
- What do you call a can opener that doesn’t work? A can’t opener!
- How does a penguin build its house? Igloos it together!
- Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing!
- I told my computer I needed a break, and now it won’t stop sending me Kit-Kat bars.
- Did you hear about the mathematician who’s afraid of negative numbers? He’ll stop at nothing to avoid them.
- Parallel lines have so much in common. It’s a shame they’ll never meet.
- Why don’t scientists trust atoms? Because they make up everything!
- What did one wall say to the other wall? “I’ll meet you at the corner!”
- How do you organize a space party? You “planet”!