There’s something truly magical about stepping into a home that smells amazing. Did you know that the scent in our homes can greatly impact our mood? It’s true! If you want to create a relaxing and peaceful environment, having a pleasant smell in your house is key.
We’ve all experienced those strong and unpleasant odors that linger after cooking with ingredients like onions or garlic. Air fresheners may temporarily mask the smell, but once their effect wears off, the unpleasant odor remains. What if we told you there’s a better solution?
Introducing a natural and long-lasting alternative to store-bought air fresheners – homemade air freshener spray! With just a few inexpensive ingredients and a spray bottle, you can fill your home with a delightful fragrance that your guests will love. It’s incredibly easy to make, so let’s get started!
Make Your Own Natural Air Freshener Spray
You’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 3 cups of lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons of fabric softener
- A spray bottle
Follow these simple steps:
- Add 3 tablespoons of fabric softener into the spray bottle.
- Pour in the 3 cups of lukewarm water.
- Next, add the tablespoon of baking soda and securely close the bottle.
- Shake the bottle vigorously until the mixture is well combined.
- Now, spray the homemade air freshener all around your home and enjoy the lovely scent that lingers for a long time.
Looking for more natural and cost-effective solutions? We’ve got you covered! Why not try making your own fabric softener as well? Not only will your clothes smell amazing, but you’ll also save money in the process.
Create Your Own Homemade Fabric Softener
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 10g of baking soda
- 150-200ml of hot water
- 20 drops of essential oil
- 800ml of apple cedar vinegar
- A large 3.5l plastic container
Follow these steps:
- Ensure the plastic container is large enough to accommodate the expanding fabric softener mixture.
- Start by adding hot water to the container.
- Add the baking soda and apple cedar vinegar. Don’t worry if it bubbles – that’s normal!
- Once the bubbles subside, transfer the mixture to an empty bottle of fabric softener.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Stir the mixture until it’s well combined, and store it in a cool, dark place.
- You can use the homemade fabric softener in your washing machine or on wet clothes during the soaking process. It’ll leave your clothes smelling fantastic for a long time.
Instead of purchasing expensive chemical-filled products, why not harness the power of nature and create your own homemade air freshener and fabric softener? Not only will you be amazed by the results, but you’ll also save a significant amount of money. Start creating these natural wonders at home today and enjoy a wonderfully scented abode!