There’s nothing quite like a warm apple pie with creamy custard to satisfy your dessert cravings. The combination of tender apples, flaky crust, and smooth custard is a match made in heaven. And the best part? It’s easy to make at home!
- 270 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 7 drops of vanilla flavoring or the pulp of a vanilla pod
- Some milk
- 150 g butter
- 120 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 paradise cream vanilla flavor
- 0.3 l milk
- 5 apples, depending on size
- Begin by lining a springform pan with parchment paper. This will prevent the pie from sticking to the pan.
- Peel the apples, quarter them, remove the cores, and score the tops lengthwise. This step helps the apples cook evenly and adds a beautiful touch to the presentation.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with butter, sugar, and vanilla flavoring until light and fluffy. Gradually add the flour mixed with baking powder and milk to form a smooth batter. The texture should be thick enough to hold its shape but not too thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan and evenly spread it out. Arrange the apple quarters on top of the batter in a circular pattern, creating a beautiful ring of apples.
- Preheat your oven to 170°C (338°F) on circulating air mode. This ensures that the pie bakes evenly and develops a lovely golden crust.
- In a separate bowl, mix 300ml of milk with the baking pudding cream. Spoon the pudding mixture onto the apples in small blobs using a tablespoon. This adds a creamy and indulgent custard layer to the pie.
- Bake the pie for approximately 25 minutes. Keep an eye on it as baking times can vary depending on your oven. To check if it’s done, insert a chopstick or toothpick into the center of the pie. If it comes out clean, the pie is ready to be enjoyed!
Bon appétit! Get ready to savor each heavenly bite of this delectable apple pie with custard. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, and with this easy recipe, you can enjoy it whenever your sweet tooth calls.